[TriLUG] Ford Drops Windows for their Sync System

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Tue Feb 25 00:00:37 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:38:03AM -0800, John Vaughters wrote:
> "QNX has done a better job of integrating compatibility with other operating systems such as those from Apple, Google and included emerging Internet standards" ~ Ford Quote

Just thought that I would mention that I used QNX on a '286 machine long
before Linux existed, and before I switched.

On that hardware, I was able to do multi-user, multi-tasking, back when
DOS and other "PC" operating systems sat around waiting for me to type
the next character.

Unfortunately, for my purposes, the people at QNX were not interested in
the General Purpose computing market, but wanted to concentrate on the
Industrial and similar markets.

When Linux appeared, in its tall stack of floppies, I purchased a '386 and switched.

Brian