[TriLUG] Debian Sid/Unstable

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Wed Feb 26 16:26:14 EST 2014

Just a curiosity but any Debian Sid/Unstable branch users in here?

Debating a switch from Arch on my workstations to Sid instead.  Also
debating moving some servers from CentOS to Wheezy while I am at it.

No super specific reasons.  I have liked Arch a lot over the years, I like
CentOS.  Just never gave Sid a go because, well I don't know why.  I do
like the idea of having more similar OS installs across all my machines.  I
just did a quick Vbox install under CentOS of Wheezy.  Looks nice enough.
Just wondering what others on here think of Sid.

I really can't think of any super specific questions.  But on a SId install
I will be wanting as bleeding edge as I can get with the software.  I will
also be running a good deal of audio related software (Cadence, Jack2,
Ardour3, etc).

Yes I know of course I will try it out to really find out.  Just you know
like to kind of poll this group before I do.

Ken