[TriLUG] Debian Sid/Unstable

Sean Alexandre sean at alexan.org
Fri Feb 28 13:20:03 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:48:10PM -0500, Kevin Hunter Kesling wrote:
> if two server pieces are talking, they should either
> be built as a unit...or over a well-defined interface, so
> that neither relies on the other's assumptions about their
> respective libraries.

I agree with the theory, but I don't think it always works that way in
practice.

I'm reminded of the (Einstein?) quote: "In theory, theory and practice are the
same.  In practice, they are not."

> Am I missing a pragmatic example that you have in mind?

I don't have one off the top of my head, no. It probably wouldn't be too hard
to dig through bug reports and find some good examples, though. I just speak as
as software developer that's seen too many bugs...and written too many :)