[TriLUG] Debian Sid/Unstable

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Sat Mar 1 17:00:27 EST 2014

I am on my laptop now after switching it from arch linux to Wheezy last
night.  You know the night before I would be using it at the FOSS fair.

Anyway last night my only snag was wireless until I got the right firmware
package.  Right now I have two outstanding problems, the touch pad won't
click.  It works, it will scroll from the side area, but I got to click the
physical button for a left click, a tap on the pad does nothing.  The other
is flash is wonky in chromium.  Working on that right now since I came home
early.  Next I will hit the touch pad problem.

And only since it was a hot topic earlier suspend to disk and ram both work
fine on my older Toshiba satellite I am using this on.

Overall I am pretty happy with it and I expect that after these last few
installation quirks to fix I should be doing less bug tracking if I stay on
wheezy than I would if I stayed with Arch.  Again I love arch but with what
I need to be doing Arch is not where I need to be doing it right now.

Ken