[TriLUG] Debian Sid/Unstable

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Sun Mar 2 14:15:07 EST 2014

I rarely find myself using VLC to open multiple files for a "play list"
purpose.  The only time I need something like that is audio and I find
Amarok or better yet Mixxx serve that purpose.  Mixxx I have used in
professional DJ environments and it is great software.  A perfect
replacement to more expensive options in the closed source world like
Tractor.  It was a package that worked well in arch after having trouble
with it in Ubuntu and Fedora in the past.  I am very pleased that it is
part of Wheezy and works flawlessly.  Granted this probably is not apropos
to your VLC concerns.

So far in Wheezy I added backports, deb-multimedia, and the KXstudio repos
with great success.  I am very pleased how well everything is working.
 LMMS I probably will need to compile from source to get a couple of the
newer features I want in it vs the Arch version.  Also still not able to
get netflix or amazon vod working.  I did opt to install chrome which
improved the whole flash situation with chromium.

Ken