[TriLUG] Help me decide

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Tue Mar 4 11:27:40 EST 2014

I bought a Lenovo E531 in December. The trackpad is unusable with the
three Linux distros i've tried on it and only obnoxious to the max with
Windows until 95% of the gesture recognition and region crud is
disabled. If it weren't for touchpad-indicator giving me the ability to
disable the trackpad (and use an outboard mouse) this laptop would be
worthless to me. (Several hours spent trying to reconfigure the trackpad
brought no joy, just an appreciation for the mind-numbing complexity of
those Linux/X interfaces).  As it is it's a pain to have to deal with
the mouse, but that's life. With the I5 chip, 12gb of RAM and an 840 SSD
the performance is good, but this is my last Lenovo.

-Pete