[TriLUG] Looking to buy a used laptop

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Mar 6 07:41:14 EST 2014

Check with kramden.org and see what they have. Look under "Take Action"
-> "Surplus Sales". You'd be helping the community and getting a decent
system.

Quick blurb from their site:

"Kramden Institute Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to
empowering hardworking, yet economically disadvantaged, students to
cross the digital divide. This is done by awarding thousands of PCs to
students to be used to advance their academic and personal achievements.
Kramden collects donated PCs, laptops, and peripherals; refurbishes the
equipment; and awards the computers, thereby extending the useful life
of electronics and reducing e-waste."

( not affiliated with kramden.org in any way. Don't hold my opinions
against them! ;)  )
-Roy