[TriLUG] Local PCB solder repair?

Danielle Danielle at whitrel.com
Mon Mar 10 10:48:13 EDT 2014

I have a device - an LED tail/brake light retrofit for my BMW R1100R -
that consists of two printed circuit board and an array of LEDs (a small
board containing two ICs is on the same side as the solder joints.) Some
of the LEDs do not reliably illuminate. That they do sometimes lite,
particularly in a flashing manner when there is vibration, makes me
think that the individual solder joints might be at issue.

Unfortunately, I do not have the equipment to do this and I'd rather
not make this board my Learning Experince(TM) as I cannot obtain a
replacement; as far as I can tell the manufacturer is out of business.

Danielle at whitrel.com
http://danielle-white.info/