[TriLUG] More on Radio Shack

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Mar 10 16:39:01 EDT 2014

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014, Scott Chilcote wrote:

> I'm not going to miss Staples though, even a little.

me neither. I used to buy from Staples. I bought combs for binding large
printouts (eg manuals). The large ones are at the copy counter for binding
customer's jobs and not out on the shelves. Looking at the shelves I asked if
there were any larger ones. The person said he'd sell me some from the copy
counter. No problem.

Came in a few months later and asked for more. There were no large ones in the
store and none at the copy counter. Even if they did exist, they wouldn't sell
them to me. I got the phone number of the manager. He said not only were there
never any large combs, he would fire the person who sold them to me, if he could
find him. If I wanted large combs I could go to hell.

I've been shopping on-line and at Office-Max ever since

Joe