[TriLUG] Looking for a Used Video Card

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Tue Mar 11 19:59:11 EDT 2014

I have several with different busses that I am planning to bring to the meeting
Thursday evening. Along with some other stuff like old but working 10/100 NICS
and switches.

I will be wearing the "Linux Geek" t-shirt.

On 03/11/2014 07:54 PM, Brian Blater wrote:
> I've got an older Dell machine that has an on-board ATI card that just
> doesn't cut it with Xubuntu and is giving me GL errors when running
> screensavers.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has an extra PCIe X8 2.x or even a PCIe 1.x video
> card just sitting around. Not too worried about the monitor connections as
> the monitor I have will support VGA, DVI and HDMI.
>
> Let me know what ya have. I just can't justify buying a new card for this
> old machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we
don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that."
  - Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, 1931
David P. Both
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to the
retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as
printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you
believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both