[TriLUG] Hit me with your best shot

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Thu Mar 13 15:38:34 EDT 2014

Well let me ask what you mean by not spied before I go any deeper.  I mean
do you mean no connection to IRL identities or are you talking complete
masking of activity, or activity in relation to a location?  There are
various levels of what people consider anonymous when it comes to the
internet.

As for things I check.  There is an option at setup, and it can be found
later in settings to send browsing and bug report data to google for the
sake product improvement.  I opted to uncheck those.  If you are in
chromeos though every thing that is a google app, I am sure they collect
something.  But the same could be said for many OSs.

As for how open it is to changing things, well that is what dev mode is
for.  Numerous web sites out there about dual booting as well as completely
replacing chrome os in favor of linux only.

Ken