[TriLUG] TWC "Existing Customer Promotion"

Brian Henning bhenning at pineinst.com
Fri Mar 14 09:16:20 EDT 2014

> AT&T recently started offering up to I think 6mbps, but that is not exactly 'rampant' competition.

This was the point I was trying to make earlier about cable/DSL/WiMAX not being truly in competition.

Fastest cable speed available to me at any cost: 50Mbps/5Mbps
Fastest DSL speed available to me at any cost: 6Mbps/??? (Frontier does not advertise their upstream bandwidth)
Fastest WiMAX speed available to me at any cost: 5-12Mbps/2-5Mbps

Tell me exactly how 6Mbps competes with 50Mbps, or with 5-12Mbps that might drop to .001 when it rains or the wind is blowing or I walk through a particular room in the house.

If I'm a 50/5 Wideband customer with Time Warner Cable, there *is no alternative.*  Even in the case of reality (I'm a 15/2 Broadband customer) there's no alternative.

Where are these "competitors" you speak of?
~B