[TriLUG] TWC "Existing Customer Promotion"

Z-man czdrummer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:59:07 EDT 2014

Cable company has not brought fiber close to my house and just raised the
rates to the point I think DSL is a better ROI.  Frankly, $200 per month
for TWC is stupid pricing.

Along these same lines, I just saw this article that states Verizon is not
going to provide Fiber to the house out side of the markets they have
already targeted.  So a collective shout will now go out, "HEY GOOGLE,
BRING IT ON"

http://blogs.cio.com/internet-service-providers/18476/verizon-pulls-plug-fast-fiber-optic-broadband

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 9:42 AM, John Vaughters <jvaughters04 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> >Fastest DSL speed available to me at any cost: 6Mbps/??? (Frontier does
> not advertise their upstream bandwidth)
>

> Sorry, I know I said I was done but this came in while I was typing.
>
> Doesn't DSL have a wire to your house?
> Why did they decide to not run fiber to your house? Yet Cable company did?
>

> That really should answer your question. It is competition at work. Cable
> upgraded to offer you a service that gave them a competitive advantage.
> Kudos for that decision to bring fiber to my house. DSL wouldn't, so they
> lost my business.
> --
> This message was sent to: Drummer <czdrummer at gmail.com>

Craig Zimmer