[TriLUG] TWC "Existing Customer Promotion"

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Mar 14 12:57:19 EDT 2014

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:47:41 -0400
Gmail <reginald.reed at gmail.com> wrote:

> For most common Internet applications, 6 Mbps is actually more than
> enough.  So yes, even at slower speeds than TWC, there is competition
> for the average household, just not for people like you and I.  I
> hope and pray that Google Fiber is available at my home, if it isn't,
> I may even consider moving to a place that does have it!

LOL, if there's ever been proof of a lack of competition in the market,
the preceding paragraph is it. Reginald would consider selling his
house, buying a new one, moving all his stuff, perhaps putting his
children in different schools, just to get the vendor who offers the
kind of connectivity he wants.

And, from what I hear on various mailing lists, he's not the only one.

I think that pretty much settles this whole discussion.

SteveT