[TriLUG] Hit me with your best shot

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 01:08:07 EDT 2014

On 03/14/2014 07:20 PM, Christopher Covington wrote:
> On 03/14/2014 06:03 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
>> On 03/14/2014 12:46 PM, Ken MacKenzie wrote:
>>> Where might I find/procure said titles. Sorry if that seems like a n00b
>>> question.  I just don't game much.  I would google it, but at work,
>>> can do
>>> that later when I get home.
>>
>> <waves hand> "My name is Ric and I'm a warzone2100 addict!"
>> Heh, it's available from most major Linux distro repos. You can spend
>> 4 hours easily playing it in one sitting. I just play against the
>> robot players, but you can play online as well. Watch some of the
>> youtube videos to get a sense of the game play. It is addicting! And,
>> it runs across multi-monitors like a champ. It runs real time, as
>> opposed to the turn-based games, so if you're slow you will get
>> overwhelmed by the enemy forces quick. I'm 63 and love playing it. It
>> requires strategy and planning, rather than just a shoot-em up. Ric
> Warzone 2100 is awesome. I've spent a lot of hours playing through the
> campaigns.
>
> If your distribution of choice doesn't have a new-enough version, here's
> how I've built it from source in the past.
>
> https://uniluug.org/wiki/Warzone_2100

I think the newest version messed up the trucks. But, I'm picky. I use
only trucks and radar units to rain death from above, from my mighty
howitsers, down on the enemy units! I love this game! There have been
times when I got surprised by an overwhelming foe and was down to one
truck that I had to hide, in order to completely rebuild, I keep several
versions, built from source always! Yeah buddy!   Ric

/https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png /