[TriLUG] TWC "Existing Customer Promotion"

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 01:13:31 EDT 2014

On Friday, March 14, 2014 at 1:12 PM, John Vaughters wrote:
> We can all agree to disagree. I would hope.

No. You are dangerously wrong in that you are repeating the arguments of a large, highly profitable corporation that has effectively bought legislation in our state that reduces broadband competition. We can’t afford to stop this argument, since conceding that reasonable people can hold your belief dooms us to terrible broadband access for that much longer.

I would encourage you (all of you) to watch the video Mr. Otte linked if you haven’t already (for the lazy, here it is again: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3O1MC1AqvM>) since, like Kevin, I believe it does a better job than I can do of explaining this problem.

I feel the need to note that I am writing as a citizen and taxpayer in this state and my views are my own and do not necessarily represent positions of my employer or of TriLUG.

With hope for a better future,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
cmpalmer.org