[TriLUG] Pipelight - watch Amazon Prime Videos in Linux

Carl Schaefer schaefer at trilug.org
Fri Mar 21 00:39:14 EDT 2014

I've been able to watch Amazon Instant Video on linux with two different
configurations:

chrome 27.0.1453 & flash 11.2 r202 (Ubuntu 10.04, i686)
with this config I had to disable PPAPI and enable NPAPI (on
chrome://plugins, after clicking "Details")

chromium 33.0.1750.152 & flash 11.2 r202
this system is running Arch x86_64, and required installing hal-flash
from AUR.  it's a dual-monitor system, and my only complaint is that
full-screen mode cancels when I move the mouse to the other monitor.
This seems to be common across all flash videos.

thanks for the pipelight mention, that's good to know about...

Carl