[TriLUG] NSA hunting and hacking sysadmins

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Fri Mar 21 09:31:21 EDT 2014

> Food for thought. Has the NSA pwned YOU?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark
> Snowden files reveal that the QUANTUM
> methods have been used to secretly inject surveillance malware into a
> Facebook page by sending malicious NSA data packets that appear to
> originate from a genuine Facebook server. This method tricks a target’s
> computer into accepting the malicious packets, allowing the NSA to
> infect the targeted computer with a malware “implant” and gain
> unfettered access to the data stored on its hard drive.

I have a relative who did top secret level IT work for the military.  I
found it very intriguing that he was flat out prohibited from having
Facebook or other social media accounts.  I also noticed that he carried
an old, "dumb" phone instead a "smart" phone.

I also found some of the things that he was able to easily access, such as
traffic records that were 20+ years old that by all rights should have
been purged to be downright disturbing.  There is also the fact or
question of why he was even able to access these things.

If the NSA is in any way a symbolic of what this nation has become ...