[TriLUG] WRT1900AC

Kevin Hunter Kesling hunteke at earlham.edu
Fri Mar 28 18:01:53 EDT 2014

At 5:12pm -0400 Fri, 28 Mar 2014, Keith Woodie wrote:
> It's more the open source aspect of it.  They claim it was built for
> OpenWRT... in most cases this is an after thought by vendors.  I hope this
> is their replacement for my previous WRT54G router that I ran OpenWRT on
> and Tomato firmware for a long time.

Gotcha.  I didn't read that closely, obviously.  Now that I search for
WRT, I see it in the text.  I hear Steve's concerns, however, as that
marketing text is awfully ambiguous:

     "For advanced users who want to customize their firmware, the
      WRT1900AC stays true to its lineage by offering an Open WRT
      compatible firmware with Open Source ready capabilities that allow
      advanced users to expand the capabilities of the Router."

Cheers,

Kevin