[TriLUG] Ubuntu and VB upgrade woes

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Thu Apr 10 07:37:59 EDT 2014

Folks,

Barely related to a couple of our recent threads, I did the upgrade to
13.10 yesterday, from 12.10, and have an issue with VirtualBox.

Yesterday, before the upgrade, I had a Windows instance that was set to
12xx by 900, displayed nicely, and did the work that I needed.

Today, that same instance, is only showing me about 3/4 of that screen,
in the upper left, with a black "L" ( reversed ) to the right and bottom
of the VB window.  Also, any pop-up windows, such as display properties,
aren't even displaying properly within the existing window.

I tried increasing the video memory setting in VB from 64 MB to 96 MB,
but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian