[TriLUG] Ubuntu and VB upgrade woes

Keith Woodie kwoodie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 09:32:51 EDT 2014

I would second the recommendation of the Oracle repository for VirtualBox.
 One thing I have noticed that I would caution you on is that make sure you
pay attention to what version you have installed.  It appears that the
package names change from one major release to another.  I assumed I was on
the latest and greatest, but then discovered that I had the -4.2 package
installed instead of the -4.3.  I am not sure if they have a generic
package that keeps you current or not.  I haven't had time to research.
 Just some food for thought.

FYI.  The oracle 4.3 version now supports webcam pass through to the
virtual instance.

Keith Woodie