[TriLUG] Have a job: Mac support specialist - Downtown Raleigh
cncook001 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 09:40:30 EDT 2014
My employer is looking for someone to be the "Office IT Person"
Contact me for more details.
Become a part of an innovative team at Ingram helping to revolutionize the way that publisher content reaches readers around the world. IngramContent Group Inc. (ICG) is the world's largest and most trusted distributor of physical and digital content. We are currently recruiting for a Senior MAC Specialist for our VitalSource Technologies (VST) team in Raleigh, NC. This individual will be expected to maintain
appropriate response to problem tickets, new installs and service to
include installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading
all hardware, software and related equipment. This role will also be
responsible for removing and adding hardware/software to existing
workstation configurations, as well as, installing custom and complex
applications. As a Senior PC Specialist, this person will monitor and
recommend process changes when necessary and could oversee departmental
projects in a project administration role.
Essential duties in this role include:
* Installs, configures, maintains standards and provides support for the following areas:
* Troubleshoot research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical
issues surrounding Mac OS Operating Systems (Macintosh desktop and
laptop computers to include, but not limited to Mac Pro, Macbook Pro,
Macbook Air, iMac) and some Microsoft Windows Systems.
* Builds, upgrades, repairs and adds peripherals to Workstation Operating Systems.
* Oversees the inventory of hardware and software utilizing tools currently owned and validating against manual inventory.
* Administrates and monitors activities related to software licensing and usage.
* Uses discretion to resolve, close and administer trouble tickets.
* Documents instances of hardware failure, repair, installation and removal accurately.
* Authors, modifies existing and practices “best practices” for workstation maintenance.
* Receives and responds to incoming calls, pages and/or emails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
* Oversees assigned departmental projects.
* Provides expert operating system and software training to the end user.
* Provides printer trouble shooting.
* Assists remote users with VPN and remote email access.
* Works with local and remote associates on scheduling hardware repair and replacement.
* Provide On-Call support after hours through a team rotation.
Minimum education and experience required:
* HS Diploma or GED
* 5 years work experience supporting at least 100+ systems in a large
networked environment with workstation maintenance, repair, and
installation of MAC OS, and Windows or MS Office
Additional preferred skills:
* Apple Certified Macintosh Technician certification
* Experience managing phone and internet service providers
* Experience with VMWare Admin and/or Windows Server/Linux Server
* Associates Degree or higher in a Computer related concentration
* Ability to travel up to 10-15%.
Ingram Content Group is the world's largest and most trusted distributor of physical and digital content. Thousands of
publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and
services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of
format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated
solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio,
print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Vital Source Technologies, Inc., an Ingram Content
Group company, is Ingram’s industry-leading e-textbook solution.
Currently working with hundreds of publishers around the world,
VitalSource Bookshelf offers fully-integrated three-way content
delivery—online, secure download or mobile—to higher education and
corporate institutions around the world. VitalSource® is the preferred
and most used e-textbook platform in higher education today. For more
information visit www.vitalsource.com
Ingram Content Group is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
More information about the TriLUG