[TriLUG] HAVE A JOB

Dewey Hylton plug at hyltown.com
Tue Apr 22 15:24:36 EDT 2014

This is a re-posting from 8 months ago; sadly, the candidate that was chosen last did not work out and has moved on ...

HAVE A JOB

Location: Winston-Salem, NC

Alright, I have an opening for a mad hatter. That is, the job requires wearing
a lot of hats. And occasionally making them to suit the occasion. That's the
part that I enjoy the most - creating solutions for problems which are created
by folks who just don't get IT.

In general, the position is part of a unix administration team. But there is
so much more that we do; it's silly to try to give the position an actual
title. I'll list some of the technology we are in charge of or support in
some way; a good candidate will be a good a few of them and willing and able
to learn the others:

OpenBSD/FreeBSD
Linux (SuSE/RedHat)
network services and security
VMware / OracleVM
SAN (EMC/3Par)
(k)sh/perl/python

Ours is a small team (you'll be #3!) with a lot of responsibility, in a
company in the financial sector. The company is stable, no worries there.
Work will be done on-site in Winston-Salem and includes rotating on-call
duties.

Pay is, well, none of my business so you can work that out with my manager. :)

If interested, reply offlist with resume or whatever and I'll pass it along.