[TriLUG] Nominating the standing committee

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Mon May 5 21:41:14 EDT 2014

Hey,
I am the current Chair of the Steering Committee (SC).  I do hope that
you, the members of trilug, like what the Steering Committee has been
doing this past year. I must say the lack of complaints is most
welcome :-)

The hardest part of being on the SC is finding speakers, sponsors, and
rooms. I would like to congratulate the current SC in doing a great
job, and hope the next SC will be just as successful.

Unfortunately I am unable to attend the meeting this week so I will
miss the elections :-( But that doesn't mean that you can't vote for
me !

I hereby accept the nomination to run for SC again. We have plans in
motion for applying to the IRS for 501(c)3 Non-Profit status - thanks
to Michael for heading this up. Our planned revamping of the trilug
server infrastructure got disrupted this year due to sudden datacenter
move, and I would like to see this effort restarted by revamping our
website and wiki to make it easier to use. As always, there is always
room for more Workshops and Hackdays. My personal goal, if I am
elected once more, is to improve the visibility of TriLUG through
better marketing, cross promotion with other local tech groups, local
conferences, etc.

Bill Farrow