[TriLUG] Logging root and DBA activities

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Mon Jun 2 19:23:40 EDT 2014

All,

For compliance purposes, I need to log all actions as root or from our DBA’s.  We installed rootsh[1], but it leaves a lot to be desired.  I found Snoopy[2] but haven’t played with it yet, but it’s a little different than rootsh.  Anyone been using something different?  I’m not opposed to a commercial application within reason.  I need to be able to log to a central syslog server, so if it logs to syslog already that would be good.

1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/rootsh/  yeah the website is dead, I found it elsewhere can’t remember the link.  We used it out of EPEL on our Centos boxes.
2. https://github.com/a2o/snoopy

Thanks,

Matt P.