[TriLUG] Semi-OT: Detecting HTTPS inspection? Does that compromise SSH?

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 07:54:11 EDT 2014

And, in windows at least, there's always Fiddler II and that ilk. IIRC,
they can filter before the network layer encrypts the traffic. So, that's a
most probable way to snoop on people. No doubt iOS and Lunix/Android have
this same set of ability. E.g. can't you just strace some program to see
what its doing before the traffic gets encrypted? (never played with that,
so don't know the best way). Apple has a patent on disabling people's
camera's in a "no videotape zone"; so, I'd guess they've thought about how
to filter traffic before its encrypted.

Tim