[TriLUG] VPN from NCSU guest wireless

Aaron Schrab aaron at schrab.com
Thu Jun 12 15:11:16 EDT 2014

At 14:59 -0400 12 Jun 2014, Kevin Otte <nivex at nivex.net> wrote:
>I'm not averse to putting OpenVPN on 443, except that I only have two
>public IPv4 addresses to my name and they both have web servers sitting
>on them at the moment.

So use IPv6 instead. :)

But seriously, one option might be to use sslh[1].  It allows port 443
on a single IP address to be shared by multiple servers.  I'm using it
on my publicly available server to allow both https and ssh connections,
and it does list OpenVPN as a supported protocol.  It works fairly well,
although I do notice ssh connections going through that being slower
than connections to port 22.  I don't really do enough with https on
that IP to really care about the performance there.

 [1]: http://www.rutschle.net/tech/sslh.shtml