[TriLUG] how was SELF?

Joseph S. Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 15:41:17 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Nikolas Everett <nik9000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It was a small conference but I enjoyed it.
>
> I enjoyed these talks:
> * How you Currently AREN'T Delivering Software
> * The Linux Game Industry

I also enjoyed these two.

I imagine The Tiny Dirty Window We See You Through was also good but didn't
> get to go to that one.

It was good, though not quite as good a rant as his other talk. Application
developers should probably watch it, but Sysadmins probably won't be
interested.
Bill's talk on SSH was a great overview of what you may not be using SSH
for yet, but you probably should.
You may pick up a tool or two from Jās Eckard's talk that you will wish
you'd known before.
I also liked Ruth and Tom's talk on the Raspberry PI.

23 people were at the PGP Keysigning party, and I assured 4 new people for
CACert. I'd never been to a keysigning party that big before, even in
TriLUG's BigLumber heyday.

I got to meet some interesting people, picked some locks, and I think I
have been jaded against corn syrup flavored Cheerwine forever.

I think I need to try Arch Linux, but I'm going to need to block out some
time to install it.