[TriLUG] Home PC power usage

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Fri Aug 8 09:11:16 EDT 2014

I've noticed that for every PC I leave running my electric bill will go up
about $20 for the month.  That works out to be about 154 kilowatt hours at
the rate I pay.  If I am doing my math right, that works out to be about
215 watts, which is probably a little high, but close enough to be in the
ball park.

These machines are power hungry.