[TriLUG] FreeRDP and TS Gateway

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Tue Aug 12 14:00:03 EDT 2014

That is actually what I have tried doing.  Those are a bit outdated though
as currently xfreerdp flags are set more like this /u:username

Anyway I have two types of strange messages as part of this.  The first is
that when I try to accept the certificate I get an error msg about x.509
certificates not being accepted.  I can paste the exact text but I don't
think that is the biggest issue.

The other issue is missing SAM file.  So I tried to create a SAM file using
the winpr-hash program that comes with freerdp and the string it creates
when put in the SAM file does not work, says it can not parse that string.
 So I tried making it look like an example I saw online which was something
like this:
username:::stringfromwinpr-hash:::

It game me a mismatch username output.

As of right now I am only testing this on my home desktop and not there.  I
have about 40 days to try to figure out away to sort this out.  Later
tonight or tomorrow I will try to get some real yet sanitized output
together from my attempts to show exactly what I am seeing.

Incidentally I have also tried using the gateway webpage login to download
a .rdp file and load that into remmina and that does not work either.

Ken