[TriLUG] WiFi quality monitoring

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Aug 14 14:39:05 EDT 2014

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014, Igor Partola wrote:

> - Intermittent but high packet loss over Wi-Fi. This can last anywhere
> from 2 to 60 seconds where 5-75% of the packets are lost.

my idea about rf front-end overload is only likely if you are near rf
transmitters of 1-10W or more. The case I had was in a mall. There could be
anything there. If you're in the 'burbs, with the nearest likely transmitter
being a 50mW wifi box in the neighbour's house, this scenerio is unlikely.

I tried a 900MHz rome-a-phone near the affected box and it didn't do anything

Joe