[TriLUG] WiFi quality monitoring

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:19:57 EDT 2014

   There is one anomaly that I see in the discussion so far.
I would like to see you turn down the transmit power of the Router.
1) easy to do.
2) easy to revert back.

Reason - the Router is set to a High power level and the closeness of the
laptop (5').
(you also have Antennas boosting the signal)

For the sake of a 'test' you could try this. I realize that othe clients of
the WiFi signal may not work correctly during this test but it would be a
test.

john mitchell