[TriLUG] Sharing WiFi through Ethernet

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Fri Aug 15 00:15:56 EDT 2014

Folks,

I am working on sharing the WiFi connection to my laptop with a device
connected to the laptop's Ethernet port.

So far, I have installed dnsmasq, ensured the ip_forward is set to 1,
and created the "nat" table in iptables.

Looking at the dnsmasq log, I see that the external device is being
given an IP address and can obtain DNS addresses from "the world."

However, it cannot "reach" the Internet.

There is obviously something that I am missing.  Where should I go?

Brian