[TriLUG] linode, VPN, SSH

David Landry david.landry at duke.edu
Wed Aug 27 16:52:24 EDT 2014

Man, I'm sorry you have to go through that crap.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> My first question is: I want to run the VPN on the linode/jumpbox, *not*
> my workstation, correct?

Yes.

My second question is: will linode.com likely prevent me from doing any of
> the above? Is there anything fundamentally undoable?

Eh, it's not uncommon for a VPN connection to take over the routing of the
connection entirely. If that's the case, your linode box might not respond
to SSH after the VPN is up (not sure about this, just speculating).

The final step raises my third question: is a double tunnel substantially
> different from a single tunnel .ssh/config-wise?

No idea.