[TriLUG] Linux Routing - why isn't it working?

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 13:54:06 EDT 2014

Yes, A PIX is not a "true" router. It is a firewall, but damn it should
route properly also.

I can understand how it could eat the packet if it had to route across
interfaces, but in this case it should send it back out the same interface
it received it on. But don't hold me to that as I'm not a Cisco guru.

Like you mentioned though, I can only ping from the PIX to the eth1 on the
linux box and I can't even do that from one of the other inside hosts. So,
it just may be the PIX at fault here.

Brian