[TriLUG] last minute notice - MC Frontalot, tonight at King's BBQ

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Wed Sep 17 17:59:41 EDT 2014

> Which Kings BBQ?

OK, I am showing my stupidity.  They said "Kings in downtown Raleigh"
and I remembered Kings was the name of a BBQ place, and there was
a pretty famous BBQ place downtown (The Pit).  And although I thought
it was odd that a nerdcore rapper would be performing at a BBQ, I
have heard of weirder things.

And THAT'S how we end up misleading an entire mailing list of geeks
into thinking they'll get BBQ and a show.

Kings Barcade is a basement venue on Martin Street.  They have hosted
other events like Pecha Kucha Night.  I remembered the place once I saw
the picture of Statler and Waldorf (the two old muppet men) overlooking
the stage.

For those of you who were not going to the show, I hope you enjoyed the
free nerdcore comedy show on the mailing list tonight!

Alan