[TriLUG] How to prevent? "fsck died with exit status 4"

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Mon Sep 29 12:10:35 EDT 2014

Ardour demands a lot on disk write and that goes up with the audio quality
level.  Using an SSD might mitigate that but that is a lot of writing of
large amounts to data to an SSD.  Incidentally looking around for some of
the ardour forum talk on this I did find someone talking about a known
Ardour segfault issue in AV Linux.  Has to do with one of the plugins AV
linux adds.  No time to read up on it right now and rarely use ardour these
days.

https://community.ardour.org/node/5089

Post by "Gmac" talks about the plugin segfault issue.  Well references, but
here is a rabbit hole to start wandering down.

I still only recommend ardour for high quality multitracking.  As a
composition environment it is weak.  Especially where MIDI is involved,
even in Ardour3.

Ken