[TriLUG] How to prevent? "fsck died with exit status 4"

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Tue Sep 30 20:34:42 EDT 2014

It has been great discussing Linux audio software on this list. From my
perspective, it is so amazing how much capability and opportunity OSS music
delivers these days. 20 years ago I recall trying to record on a Tascam 4
channel cassette tape machine that cost more than a nice computer these
days. I was glad to have it at the time, however, I knew that everything I
recorded on it was garbage in terms of sound quality. Nowadays, free
software meets and in many cases exceeds the industry leading pro grade
recording studio software.

Thanks to the open source community, it is the dawn of a new era when
everyone has the capacity and resources to create extremely high quality
music with a very affordable computer and nothing more. We have reached the
point where musicians are only limited by their knowledge of OSS. The
internet and creative commons licenses add a whole new dimension as well. I
am enjoying watching it all unravel with musicians like Professor Kliq and
the half million others on Jamendo.com and Soundcloud.

The only thing that needs to happen is more people need to learn about free
music software and developers need to be supported in their efforts as they
continue make the awesome free music production software.

Cool stuff... I just continue to be amazed!