[TriLUG] Upgrading an older Red Hat

Mark Fowle mfowle at adeliesystems.com
Wed Oct 1 11:32:16 EDT 2014

I have an old system (NetFinity 5100) .. I need to upgrade since its been
running REHL 3AS for a very long time.   I want to upgrade to the current
centos version - I am having trouble getting the old system to read the
DVD's as well as CD's. I have also had it hang trying to install over the
network. I swear this box just doesn't want to upgrade :-)

Is there a way I could modify yum.conf and force an upgrade that way ?  Or
some other trick to force it without using DVD or CD ?

Thanks,
Mark