[TriLUG] Thoughts on KVMs

jvaughters04 at yahoo.com jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 10:11:00 EDT 2014

+1 on synergy. I have two Linux boxes and one windows laptop and I share six screens between the three computers with one keyboard and mouse. You can  copy text between windows and Linux and when you add in the multiple workspaces that Linux provides you can have a different remote desktop on a single workspace and switch between them so easily it becomes the ultimate kvm . People at my work are amazed and baffled at this solution. I am starting to spread the solution to others as well.

If I had to choose without synergy because I was limited to one screen, I would choose Linux with the multiple workspaces and remote access. It is an awesome KVM on its own. Only downfall is it is not a console KVM, but If I need console access, which I rarely do, I just plug in monitor, keyboard and mouse for a temporary time to get the box configured for remote access.

John Vaughters

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android