[TriLUG] Need an Asterisk expert

Wes Garrison wes at xitechusa.com
Fri Oct 10 16:17:10 EDT 2014

Point-and-click is fine, but I lack the vocabulary to know where to start.

I want to re-create my current hosted VoIP setup on Asterisk, and I really
need some hand-holding.

I need to:
set up SIP trunks
set up an "auto-attendant" message or whatever it's called on Asterisk
set up simultaneous ringing after the auto-attendant message
set up a call queue where calls go if all queue agents are busy
set up "do not disturb" features
set up "night mode"
etc...

Most of the terms I'm using come from setting up AT&T/Lucent/Avaya Partner
systems, which doesn't translate well to modern VoIP systems.

-Wes

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 4:10 PM, John Broome <jbroome at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's pretty pointy-clicky with FreePBX.
>
> What's your problem specifically Wes?
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Kevin Otte <nivex at nivex.net> wrote:
>
> > A data point: People walking in to the #asterisk channel on Freenode
> > asking about FreePBX are immediately sent to #freepbx. I take this to
> mean
> > that although FreePBX is based on Asterisk, configuring the two are
> quite a
> > bit different.
> >
> > On 10/10/2014 11:42 AM, Wes Garrison wrote:
> >
> >> I'm looking for help configuring a FreePBX Asterisk server (CentOS
> based).
> >>
> >> Any Asterisk experts out there?
> >>
> >> I understand the spirit of TriLUG is free sharing of knowledge, but I'd
> be
> >> happy to have paid consulting if you're an expert.
> >>
> >> My office is in Chapel Hill.
> >>
> >> Should be a good learning experience for me!
> >>
> >> -Wes
> >>
> >>  --
> > This message was sent to: jbroome at gmail.com <jbroome at gmail.com>
> > options/trilug/jbroome%40gmail.com