[TriLUG] Need an Asterisk expert

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Fri Oct 10 21:47:38 EDT 2014

I haven’t run Asterisk and or FreePBX in a couple of years, but supported it in a business scenario at multiple jobs.  I moved away from FreePBX, as I felt it wasn’t really keeping pace, and it seemed AsteriskNow being closer to the source and pace of Asterisk seemed to be a better choice.  Things may have changed it was a few years ago.  When I was looking at VOIP, I was really impressed by sipfoundry.org, as opposed to Asterisk, as their VOIP architecture seemed to be much cleaner.  Their SIP implementation was much more in line with SIP protocols, rather than the way that Asterisk implemented things as a B2BUA.

Matt P.