[TriLUG] [way OT] new auto recommendations

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Mon Oct 20 12:35:33 EDT 2014

Well yes and no.  Like I said it is ideal for 90% but there are those other
times it is less than ideal, and then the .27% that it is unworkable.

Examples....

I have three kids, so with just that car they can't bring a friend to a
function if the wife goes as well.  Solution is we bring two cars.
Snow - well how often does it really snow here.  I stay home, but if I must
I can drive it in the snow up to a certain point.  My Jeep or K-5 would
have been better back in the day, but they stunk to commute with.
with the seats folded down.  Throw in a tarp I have made absurd dump trips,
but not enough to hit the minimum weight to match the minimum trip through
the dump.

So it is more like it is great for about 90%
impossible for less than 1%
and just over 9% of the time it is less than optimal, but I can make do.

Ken