[TriLUG] Virtual Box Problem

Kevin Hunter Kesling hunteke at earlham.edu
Fri Oct 24 15:07:38 EDT 2014

At 2:55pm -0400 Fri, 24 Oct 2014, Brian Grawburg wrote:
> But, since I can install several packages...I even got it to shut
> down once ... and have Guest Additions, I'm not sure it's a mouse
> problem.

Hmm.  That is not a failure mode I've yet encountered.  The first place
I'd look is the log.  I can't recall if it's in ~/.Virtu... or
~/Virtu..., but there will be an associated log file with each execution
of each virtual machine.  Take a look, let us know what you find there.

The next thing I'd do is just simple debugging: reinstall WinXPPro, and
before /each step/, shut down and take a snapshot.  That at least might
clue you in to where to where the error is and if you can take any
measures as a workaround.  Tedious, but if you're serious about figuring
this particular issue out ...

There's also this perhaps relevant bug report:

     https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/9375

which begs the question: what /version/ of VBox are you running?

I assume google has been no help?

Kevin