[TriLUG] Curious

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Sun Oct 26 16:45:01 EDT 2014

Why? It's Ssh on steroids it's only benefits are no client on the remote box and easier learning curve, or at least that I can see.

But if you're trying to automate deployments, I don't see it as the right tool.

One thing I really like about salt, is that it's asynchronous, and has a pub/sub event system so you can automate things like, oh I'm a new web server add me to the LB, or hey traffic is less remove me from the load balancer.

Matt P

Sent from my iPhone