[TriLUG] Curious

jason tower jtower at cerient.net
Sun Oct 26 17:15:08 EDT 2014

i'm using cobbler+ansible at $JOB (replacing a puppet setup) and it's
terrific.  cobbler handles the bare metal OS install and puts the
necessary ssh key in place, then ansible takes over and automates
packages, configs, etc.

puppet is arguably more powerful and flexible but for smaller or less
complex environments ansible kicks ass.  its also VERY easy to learn and
deploy, even a novice can be pushing out ad-hoc commands in a matter of
minutes and simple playbooks within half an hour.