[TriLUG] [way OT] new auto recommendations

Wes Garrison wes at xitechusa.com
Thu Oct 30 08:26:43 EDT 2014

Your daughter is only on her 2nd fit?  Mine has a new fit almost every day!

It sounds like "subcompact" is the new compact.
http://www.thecarconnection.com/compare/honda_fit_2015_choices
Basically:
Honda Fit, Ford Fiesta, Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris, Scion xA.

In a perfect world, I would buy a VW Polo BlueMotion
(Golf shrunk down to Yaris size):
http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/der-polo/brochure/catalogue.html

1.4L, 3 cyl *turbocharged *Diesel

For those that can't read German, "Kraftstoffverbrauch in l/100 km:
innerorts 4,0 / außerorts 2,6 / kombiniert 3,1" is fuel economy in Liters
per 100Km, basically the inverse of MPG.

innerorts 4,0 = city 59mpg
außerorts 2,6 = hwy *90mpg*
kombiniert 3,1 = combined 76mpg

Not bad, eh?  ...and not available in the USA.

-Wes

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.