[TriLUG] OT FS: Zyxel GS1500-24P switch

Don Jerman djerman at pobox.com
Sun Nov 2 22:33:02 EST 2014

I've been using this switch to run the whole house, POE cameras and all.
It's reliable so far, but it's Too Loud to live in the downstairs coat
closet.  It would not be out of place in a server room or a phone closet
that had some sound buffering.  Note that it's manageable from Linux (I've
had some consumer stuff that could only have firmware flashed from Windows
or WINE).

This is a 24-port gigabit managed switch with about 180W
power-over-ethernet on all 24 ports (up to 15W/port while supply lasts).
Also there are 4 combo ethernet/SFP ports (no SFP modules included) that
don't support POE.  Here's the datasheet and manual:

ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/GS1500-24P/datasheet/GS1500-24P_2.pdf
ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/GS1500-24P/user_guide/GS1500-24P_1_ed2.pdf

Latest firmware, has been reset to factory defaults, was working this
evening when i took it down.  NOTE: MISSING RACKMOUNT FLANGES AND SCREWS.
(I had them 2 years ago, now not found)

I'm looking for $200 or best offer, or a charitable donation opportunity,
for the right cause.

I've replaced it with 2 tp-link switches, having fewer total POE ports but
running with less noise.