[TriLUG] In a LUG a long time ago

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 13:51:34 EST 2014

I use that German DC for my server and it's my personal backup for most
stuff.

Personally, I wouldn't want to run ownCloud for a group unless I knew
everyone of them directly - since the admin(s) have rights to everyone's
accounts.

That aside, running this yourself isn't that hard - but it's not that easy,
either. Setting up and maintaining an email server? Piece of cake. Securing
it well? Not bad. Ensuring backups are done right and well? There's a whole
other kettle of wax.

Contributing financially to make this happen isn't outside the realm of
reasonable, but if you're gonna do that, go pay for a business account with
Outlook.com or Google for Business. Or Dropbox. Or something similar.