[TriLUG] HD HomeRun

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Thu Nov 6 03:25:58 EST 2014

Brian,

If your problem is similar to the problem I had, please search for a
file named xine-config. If you find it, you can change the number of
video buffers and this might solve the problem.

>From my old hard drive xine-config:
=============================
# number of video buffers
# numeric, default: 500
engine.buffers.video_num_buffers:2000
=============================

Note that I changed it from default of 500 to 2000.

jcj

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 1:15 AM, Brian McCullough <bdmc at buadh-brath.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 09:46:32AM -0500, Brian McCullough wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 08:08:05AM -0500, Bill Farrow wrote:
>> >
>> > Smells like a network congestion issue. Can you try direct connecting
>> > the hdhomerun to your laptop without any switches in between. I had a
>> > similar issue running mine through my gigabit router/switch - although
>> > I think it was qos bogging things down.
>>
>> Hmmm.  Interesting thought.  Thank you, Bill.
>
> Well, I did some more experimenting tonight, including running a cable
> directly between the HDHomeRun and this laptop.
>
> I didn't see any significant difference between that configuration and
> the "normal" one.
>
> I did confirm that, as JC suggested, all the SD channels seemed to play
> well, as well as they did through the TV, while the HD channels are
> almost unwatchable.  Really, they are unwatchable.  Some of them
> continued to play good audio, but there was very little to see.
>

>> I will try that tonight.  That then goes to the whole question of
>> recording.  Do I remember hearing that MythTV runs on a PI?
>

> Brian
>
> --
> This message was sent to: jc jones <jc.jones at tuftux.com>

Jc Jones